Humana's suite of clinical and wellness programs addresses the health and productivity challenges of today's employers.
These programs and services use an integrated approach that addresses total health – not just physical health. Our goal isn't to second-guess a doctor's advice, but to help members fully understand their choices so they can choose what's right for themselves and their families. And we're committed to protecting the privacy of health information so members can feel confident about their care, their choices, and the guidance they receive.
With these programs and services, Humana supports better health outcomes, increased cost savings, and a better health benefits experience for your clients and their employees.
Promoting healthy behaviors
These Humana resources are designed to foster healthy behaviors:
- MyHumana – Consumers can turn to their secure Website on Humana.com for assessments, tracking tools, healthy recipes, drug information, and discounts.
- HumanaFirst® Nurse Advice Line – Members can call HumanaFirst when they need immediate or long-term health-related advice.
- HumanaBeginnings® – This program offers prenatal education and guidance from the early stages of pregnancy through baby's first months.
- Personal Nurse® – Participants work one-on-one with a nurse who helps them understand their condition, find resources, and use their plan benefits effectively – all in an effort to help them realize their health goals.
- Humana Health Assessment – This confidential online questionnaire gives members immediate feedback about steps they can take to be healthier – and it promotes participation in programs such as HumanaBeginnings, Personal Nurse, and disease management.
- Preventive reminders – These proactive, targeted campaigns deliver messages about topics such as mammography screenings and immunizations.
In addition, Humana leverages the behavioral health expertise of LifeSynchSM, a wholly owned subsidiary, to provide the following services. Additional fees may apply.
- Employee Assistance Programs/Work-life (EAP) – This confidential resource addresses personal and professional issues that may interfere with employees' health and productivity. Available services include telephone assistance, face-to-face counseling, financial and legal services, childcare assistance, and eldercare resources. The EAP can provide additional services for managers and employers.
- Wellness – Offering programs such as a Health Assessment, Preventive reminders, Personal Health Coaching, and onsite services including biometric screenings.
- Personal Health Coaching – Wellness experts work with members to create a personalized action plan to achieve their wellness goals. Members are also connected to a user-friendly, robust wellness portal. Focus areas include: weight management, tobacco cessation, healthy eating, stress management, physical activity, preventive health, and back care.
Helping members use the healthcare system
These resources are designed to promote confident decision-making and improved health outcomes:
- Humana Achieve® – This LifeSynch service provides an integrated treatment plan that addresses behavioral and medical issues. One study, validated by a third-party actuarial group, Milliman USA, found that the Humana Achieve program leads to real healthcare savings that average $5,500 per member when annualized.1
- Disease Management – These programs offer education and information to members so they can understand their disease better and take a more active role in controlling it. Programs are administered through nurses who specialize in each condition and are available for around-the-clock consultation.
- Case Management – This service helps members who face major medical procedures and traumatic events navigate the healthcare system, coordinate necessary services, understand health benefits, and more.
- Neonatal Case Management – Neonatal Case Managers provide education and support to parents whose children are in NICU. The goal is to send Humana's newest members home to a supportive, prepared environment with informed caregivers.
These programs and tools are not insurance products and are not guaranteed under any contract. Humana is not required to provide these services.
1 – Actual results may vary by participant and/or across member populations. All savings are based on actual claims costs which have been annualized to show a yearly savings across all members in the study.