Value for employers and employees
It's likely many of your employees visit the doctor just a few times a year – or less – and have annual medical costs below $500. With CoverageFirst, those employees would pay only copayments and premiums – premiums that are lower than with most traditional health plans.
And since CoverageFirst has a "safety net," even employees who need more medical care can have peace of mind knowing there's a limit on their out-of-pocket costs.
Incentives encourage "smart shopping"
Many CoverageFirst features are designed to promote smart healthcare decisions:
- The allowance can only be used with in-network providers, which drives members to providers who offer discounts. In addition, CoverageFirst pays a higher coinsurance percentage for in-network providers and has a separate, higher deductible for out-of-network providers.
- The deductible gives employees a financial incentive to manage their spending as they near the end of their $500 allowance.
- Copayments ensure that members share in the cost of services during every phase. With CoverageFirst, employees are always responsible for copayments.
CoverageFirst network options
Humana's network offerings for CoverageFirst vary by area. Your options may include:
- Humana/ChoiceCare ® Network is our nationwide PPO network, with more than 550,000 unique providers and approximately 3,500 hospitals; for more details, visit ChoiceCare Network
- National POS – Open Access offers improved discounts and a network of providers that overlaps 95 percent with the national Humana/ChoiceCare Network
Get a quote for a Humana CoverageFirst plan
Contact Our Sales Team