The Value of Disability Coverage
When a non-occupational accident takes away the ability to bring home a paycheck, voluntary disability helps fill the gap. Payments can be used for any purpose, including ongoing bills such as rent or mortgage payments, educational expenses, food, and car payments.
Plan Benefit Options
These multilayered plan designs may include options for:
- Combination benefits covering accidents, sickness, or both
- Off-the-job coverage or 24-hour coverage
- Elimination periods, or the number of continuous days - beginning with the first day of total disability - before any monthly benefit amount is payable
- Benefit periods for which monthly income benefits are payable after the elimination period ends - these often include choices of 90 days, six months, one year, two years, or three years
- Portability, depending on whether the plans are offered individually or as a group, and the length of time an employee is employed before being terminated - voluntarily or involuntarily
Optional riders cover categories such as emergency accidents, outpatient sickness, hospital indemnity, and COBRA expenses.
Why Choose Humana Voluntary Benefits
Our voluntary benefits give you an economical way to diversify your benefits package, helping you attract top talent and keep existing employees. And it's easy for employees to apply - there are just a few health questions to answer on the application. Plus you can expect friendly, professional service from Humana Specialty Benefits. We have more than four decades of experience helping employers develop competitive benefits packages. And in our 2008 member satisfaction survey, 99 percent of Customer Service calls were resolved to the member's satisfaction within 24 hours.
Offer Humana Voluntary Benefits to your employees
Contact Our Sales Team