How it works
With this plan, you can go to any dentist. However, to get the maximum benefits at the lowest cost, visit an in-network dentist. If your dentist isn't in the network, you still receive benefits - but you'll pay higher out-of-pocket costs for the dental services.
Here's an overview of what this plan covers. Deductibles and coverage amounts vary by plan. To see your specific plan benefit details, log in to MyHumana. Be sure to review your plan certificate for important plan information such as deductibles or required waiting periods.
- Preventive services - Oral examinations, X-rays, cleanings, topical fluoride treatment (through age 14, one per calendar year), and sealants (through age 14)
- Basic services - Space maintainers (through age 14), emergency care for pain relief, simple oral surgery, extractions, fillings (amalgams, composite for anterior teeth), appliances for children (through age 14), and prefabricated stainless steel crowns
- Major services - Crowns, inlays and onlays, bridgework, dentures, denture relines and rebases, denture repair and adjustments, complete oral surgery, periodontics (gum therapy), and endodontics (root canals)
Some plans include orthodontia coverage, as well. Coverage may be available for child orthodontia only or adult and child orthodontia. Even if your plan doesn’t include orthodontia benefits, you may still receive up to a 20% savings by visiting orthodontists in our network and asking for the discount.*
In addition, your employe's plan may include optional benefits. Here's an overview of all possible options:
- Periodontics/Endodontics as a basic service
- Composite fillings for molars as a basic service
- Implants as a major service; there's a $1,500 maximum implant benefit and implants are subject to the annual maximum
*Not applicable in the state of Georgia.