Group Medicare Advantage Plans
If you're eligible for a Humana Medicare Advantage plan through a former employer or union, Humana offers three types of Medicare Advantage plans that give Medicare-eligible retired workers all the benefits of Original Medicare, plus additional features and benefits. Some Humana Group Medicare Advantage plans include prescription drug coverage, which is equal to or better than the minimum requirements for a Medicare Part D plan.
Plan types include:
- Humana Medicare Advantage Employer PPO - You can get covered services from any provider that accepts Medicare assignment, but the plan may cover a larger part of costs when you use in-network providers.
- Humana Medicare Advantage Employer HMO - With an HMO plan, you work one-on-one with a network primary care physician (PCP). You must receive all routine care from plan providers. Specialists and facilities may require referrals from your PCP. Out-of-pocket costs are lower than with other types of plans.
Medicare Employer Prescription Drug Plans
Humana's prescription drug plan (PDP) options offer protection from high out-of-pocket costs. With all Humana PDPs, you receive support to help you understand how your plan works and how you can save money on prescriptions.
Our Medicare Employer PDPs include the minimum coverage required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as other options with different deductibles or cost shares.
Enroll in a Humana Group Medicare Advantage plan
If your former employer or union offers Humana Group Medicare Advantage coverage, ask your benefits contact for the phone number for Humana's Group Medicare Customer Care team.
We have a call center just for Group Medicare Advantage members. We're ready to explain your options, answer your questions, and help you enroll.
Extras for Humana Group Medicare Advantage Members
Take advantage of the many extra services and benefits we offer with a Medicare Advantage plan with no additional plan premium. It's easy to see where the "advantage" comes in. Following are some examples of what we offer.
- Vision discount
- Hearing discount
- Rx discount, when applicable
- Over-the-counter drug discount
The products and services described above are neither offered nor guaranteed under our contract with the Medicare program. In addition, they are not subject to the Medicare appeals process. Any disputes regarding these products and services may be subject to the Humana grievance process.
- Fitness programs
- Nurse hot line
- Magazine that highlights retirees living well
A health plan with a Medicare contract, available to anyone enrolled in both Part A and Part B of Medicare.
A stand-alone prescription drug plan with a Medicare contract, available to anyone entitled to Part A and/or enrolled in Part B of Medicare. You must use network pharmacies, except under non-routine circumstances. Quantity limitations and restrictions may apply.
You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premiums. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply.
You may be able to get extra help to pay for your prescription drug premiums and costs. To see if you qualify for getting extra help, call:
- 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY or TDD users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day/7days a week;
- The Social Security Office at 1-800-772-1213 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. TTY or TDD users should call, 1-800-325-0778; or
- Your State Medical Assistance (Medicaid) Office.
The benefit information provided herein is a brief summary, not a comprehensive description of benefits. For more information contact the plan summary.