How it works
The Focus plan includes benefits for a wide range of vision care services, including your annual exam and glasses or contact lenses.
With this plan, you get a comprehensive eye exam for a small, fixed copayment. The plan pays an allowance toward the cost of eyeglass frames or contacts, and you pay fixed amounts for lenses and lens options. You get a 20% discount on vision care services the plan doesn't cover.
Here's an overview of the benefits you receive with EyeMed network providers. This plan also pays benefits for some services with out-of-network providers. To see your specific plan benefits with in-network and out-of-network providers, log in to MyHumana.
- Eye exam - Get a comprehensive eye health exam once every 12 months for $10.
- Glasses - You get an allowance toward the cost of your frames; if the frames are more expensive than the allowance, you receive a 20% discount on the remaining cost. You pay only $25 for single vision, bifocal, or trifocal lenses. You pay a low, fixed price for lens options like anti-reflective and UV coatings.
- Contact lenses - An allowance is available for contacts lenses in lieu of eyeglass lenses. Plus you can get substantial savings by ordering replacement contact lenses online - they'll be mailed right to your home.
- Laser procedures - You have access to LASIK discounts from U.S. Laser Network providers.
It's easy to use your vision plan. After signing up for an EyeMed plan, you'll receive an ID card in the mail. To use your benefits with in-network providers:
- Make an appointment with a provider in the EyeMed network.
- At your appointment, present your HumanaVision ID card when you arrive at the provider's office. If you don't have an ID card, just tell the provider you're a Humana member with EyeMed benefits.
- You pay anything owed at the time of your visit, and we'll work with your EyeMed provider to take care of the rest.