Health Support for Humana Medicare Advantage Members
If you are a Humana Special Needs Plan member, the following is information about how your plan works:
HealthCare Partners (Nevada Only)
Medicaid Information and Medicare Savings Programs
As a Humana Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan member, you receive a health support service called Humana Cares at no extra cost. You can talk with your own healthcare manager and get support from a care team. The healthcare manager oversees the care team, which is made up of nurses, social workers, and mental health specialists.
The care team can help you by:
- Working with doctors to make sure you have all your medicines and understand the doctor's instructions
- Helping you connect with community services
- Staying in touch for continuity of care
- Arranging for home visits from the care team, when necessary
- Assisting with hospital admissions and discharge
If you have questions, call us toll-free at 1-800-662-9508. If you use a TTY, call 711.
Hours of Operation: Our hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. This system will ask you to select the reason for your call. A Humana Cares healthcare manager will call you by the end of the next business day.
In Puerto Rico, Humana Members
Call us toll-free at 1-866-488-5992. If you use a TTY, call 711.
Hours of Operation: Our hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Special Needs Plan members in Nevada receive their care through the HealthCare Partners of Nevada.
HealthCare Partners (Nevada only)
Humana is pleased to offer a Care Management program through HealthCare Partners of Nevada. This program helps you meet your individual health needs. A Care Coordinator will work with you and your Care Team to make sure you understand your illness. They'll also make sure you can follow your doctor's treatment plan.
You can talk with your own Care Coordinator and get support from a Care Team. The Care Coordinator oversees the Care Team, which is made up of doctors, nurses, social workers, and mental health specialists.
The Care Team helps you by:
- Working with doctors and providers to make sure you have all your medicines and understand your doctor's instructions
- Providing same-day or walk-in appointments with your Primary Care Provider
- Helping you connect to community services
- Helping you utilize the Humana Gold Plus HMO SNP benefits available to you
- Helping you utilize the Humana Guidance Centers
- Staying in touch for continuity of care by regular telephone calls and office visits
- Providing educational materials to help you maintain your health
- Assisting with hospital admissions and discharge through our HealthCare Partners inpatient doctors and nurses who work closely with your PCP
- Arranging home healthcare and durable medical equipment when necessary
- Expediting care if needed
Call us toll-free at 1-800-457-4708. If you use a TTY, call 711.
Hours of Operation: Our hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, seven days a week.
Medicaid Provider Information
For information about Medicaid doctors and hospitals, click on the state below to visit the website or call the toll-free number for your state:
Medicare Savings Programs
If you don't qualify for full Medicaid, but need help paying your Medicare Part B premium, Humana can provide information. To find out more, visit Medicare Savings Programs.
Humana is a Coordinated Care plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Medicaid program. This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare. This plan is available to anyone who has Medicare and Medical Assistance from the State that pays for Medicare-covered services and premiums. Eligibility varies by state. Please contact Humana to see if you are eligible to enroll in this plan. This plan is available to anyone with Medicare who resides or plans to reside in a participating long-term care facility for at least 90 days; or, resides in the community and meets Florida state requirements for institutional level of care.