Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What type of information and service is available through Med AIL?
- Member eligibility status
- Fax-back eligibility status
- Selected benefits, copayments, and deductibles, including deductible accumulations to date
- Medical claims status: all your claims for one or more days, or retrieve your claims on specific members
- Fax-back claims status: 40 claims per page, organized in a remit format
- Referral inquiries*
- Fax-back referral
- Initiate inpatient admission and non-HMO outpatient precertifications*
- Precertification status* – The system will route you directly to a Humana Customer Care representative, if needed.
*Available in most areas
What type of information will I need in order to use Med AIL?
- 9-digit tax ID number
- 9-digit member ID number (listed on member’s ID card)
- Member's date of birth (mm/dd/yy)
- Date of service - mm/dd/yyyy (for specific options, such as claims or precertifications)
- Your fax number (if a fax-back option is requested)
- Specific information to initiate a precertification, including the following: CPT-4 (five-digit) codes for procedures and surgeries, ICD-9 (three-, four-, or five-digit) codes for diagnoses, CPT or HCPCS codes for outpatient procedures
How do I reach Med AIL?
Call the phone number on the back of the member’s ID card.