Humana Achieve advocates are behavioral clinicians and nurses who provide telephone-based case management for members. Through motivational interviewing and solution-oriented approaches, advocates:
- Empower members to manage their behavioral symptoms
- Guide members in identifying sustainable solutions to their symptoms
- Educate members about how to navigate the health care system and find needed resources
- Develop a personalized treatment program for the member
- Integrate medical and behavioral components of treatment for a "mind-and-body" approach that produces long-lasting results
Humana Achieve advocates facilitate conference calls between medical and behavioral professionals to provide holistic care for the member. They may also facilitate calls between the member and his or her primary care provider.
This case management program is accredited by the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC).
Eligibility and Cost
This program is available to members at no charge. Humana identifies eligible members and contacts them by telephone to offer them the opportunity to participate in Humana Achieve.
The following members may be eligible for Humana Achieve:
- Medicare members
- Commercial health maintenance organization (HMO) members
- Commercial preferred provider organization (PPO) members
- Administrative services only (ASO) members
This program is not available to Puerto Rico members, Florida Medicare HMO and PPO members or Nevada Medicare HMO members.
For more details about Humana Achieve, call 1-866-952-6028. This line is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central time.