- Principles of Business Ethics
- Principles of Business Ethics for Health Care Providers, Vendors and Related Entities
- (476 KB) Download PDF
The Standards of Excellence are applicable to suppliers, vendors, contractors, consultants, agents and other providers of goods and services who do, or seek to do, business with Humana entities worldwide.
- Encourage a diverse workforce and provide a workplace free from discrimination, harassment or any other form of abuse.
- Treat employees fairly and honestly, including with respect to wages, working hours and benefits.
- Respect human rights and prohibit all forms of forced or compulsory labor.
- Ensure that child labor is not used in any operations
- Respect employees’ right to freedom of association, consistent with local laws.
- Establish an appropriate management process and cooperate with reasonable assessment processes requested by Humana.
- Provide safe and humane working conditions for all employees.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles and offer health-improvement programs for all employees and promote health-related events and activities in the local community.