Humana has launched a series of efforts to assist its members, employees and communities in Hawaii impacted by Hurricane Lane.
Your safety and well-being remain a top priority for Humana. We have taken these steps to assist our members:
- Waived all requirements for primary care physician (PCP) referrals and prior authorizations for members that identify themselves as being impacted by Hurricane Lane.
- Provided members with the same cost-sharing they would receive from an in-network facility.
- For members with a pharmacy benefit, suspended restrictions on refills to allow for travel difficulties and evacuations.
- Opened up our toll-free crisis intervention hotline and counseling services beyond employees and health plan members to include any individual who may need help and support coping in the aftermath of the hurricane. Humana has counselors and work/life specialists available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-888-673-1154 to provide free, confidential assistance to anyone needing help and support in coping with the disaster and its aftermath. Assistance is available in both English and Spanish.
For your safety, please keep the following in mind:
- Tune in to local television and radio stations. You’ll get the latest weather updates and emergency instructions.
- Know where to go. If you are ordered to evacuate, know the route to take and have a plan of where you’ll go. Check-in with your friends and family.
- Keep your car fueled, in good condition and stocked with emergency supplies and a change of clothes.
Humana members with questions about services available to them should call the toll-free phone number on the back of their Humana ID card.