At Humana, we are dedicated to ensuring that every business decision we make reflects our commitment to improving the health and well-being of our members, our associates, the communities we serve, and our planet. We consider our suppliers an extension of our company. The following Standards of Excellence outline Humana’s expectations of how our suppliers conduct business, and reflect our Corporate Social Responsibility Platform of Healthy People, Healthy Planet and Healthy Performance.
The Standards of Excellence are applicable to suppliers, vendors, contractors, consultants, agents and other providers of goods and services who do, or seek to do, business with Humana entities worldwide.
- Encourage a diverse workforce and provide a workplace free from discrimination, harassment or any other form of abuse.
- Treat employees fairly and honestly, including with respect to wages, working hours and benefits.
- Respect human rights and prohibit all forms of forced or compulsory labor.
- Ensure that child labor is not used in any operations.
- Respect employees’ right to freedom of association, consistent with local laws.
- Establish an appropriate management process and cooperate with reasonable assessment processes requested by Humana.
- Provide safe and humane working conditions for all employees.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles and offer health-improvement programs for all employees and promote health-related events and activities in the local community.
- Carry out operations with care for the environment and comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Deliver products and services meeting applicable quality and safety standards.
- Actively participate in sustainability, carbon footprint reduction, and other environmentally oriented programs.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the countries of operation.
- Compete fairly for our business, without paying bribes, kickbacks or giving anything of value to secure an improper advantage.
- Observe Humana’s policies regarding gifts and entertainment and conflicts of interest when dealing with Humana associates.
- Keep financial books and records in accordance with all applicable legal, regulatory and fiscal requirements and accepted accounting practices.
- Promote, utilize and measure engagement of small and diverse suppliers.