The value of Critical Illness Coverage
A critical illness plan enables your clients’ employees to help fight the costs associated with a life-threatening disease, while providing a level of assurance for their families. Benefits are paid with a one-time, lump-sum payment. This one-time payment allows the benefits to be used for any purpose, including:
- Help offset loss of income
- Deductibles, copayments, and scheduled benefit limitations
- Treatments considered experimental
- Transportation expenses to and from doctors and treatment facilities
- Normal living expenses (mortgages, car payments, utility bills, childcare, groceries, credit card bills, etc.)
Plan benefit options
Some plan designs encompass a wider array of benefits, including coma, occupational HIV, and paralysis.
Why choose Humana Voluntary Benefits?
Our voluntary benefits give you an economical way to diversify your benefits package, helping you attract top talent and keep existing employees. The application has just a few health questions. And we strive to provide friendly, professional service to members and employers. We have more than four decades of experience helping employers develop competitive benefits packages. And in our 2008 member satisfaction survey, 99 percent of Customer Service calls were resolved to the member's satisfaction within 24 hours.