An inclusive work culture meets diverse talent
Our associates’ vast experiences and perceptions—their unique characteristics, backgrounds and beliefs—drive the groundbreaking, strategic thinking that gives Humana its competitive edge in a diverse marketplace. Our approach fosters innovative thinking and creativity, expands insights and generates better business outcomes.
Partners in diversity
We partner with other organizations that share and support our commitment:
A mindset of diversity
From gender to race and ethnicity, Humana workforce statistics demonstrate that inclusivity is our priority:
- 74% of associates are women
- 43% of associates are people of color
- 43% of associates are of Generation X
- More than 9,000 teammates have engaged in a Network Resource Group to support people with disabilities through ACCESS
- Through our Humana military initiative program, Humana has provided jobs for more than 1 million veterans and military spouses
Connecting to the community
We celebrate diversity and foster inclusion by volunteering with the community. We set aside days to connect with campuses across the nation. Associates learn about and grow an appreciation for others cultures through events, parades and fundraisers:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Project BUILD
- National Council of La Raza
- YMCA Black Achievers Program
Awards and recognition
We’ve received awards that demonstrate our outstanding commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace.
Equal opportunity employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status, except where age, sex or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification.
, opens new windowHumana uses this system to verify the identity and employment eligibility of applicants.
Members of the Humana Executive Inclusion and Diversity Council partner with Network Resource Groups to maintain inclusion and diversity.