Humana is continuing to expand our coverage to help protect our members and reduce the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we are waiving all medical costs related to COVID-19 for our members.
In addition, the following measures were announced March 24, 2020:
- Telehealth visits will be fully covered. To support members in social isolation and to avoid COVID exposure for members and their physicians, Humana is encouraging members to use telehealth (either video or phone) as their first option for care, including routine visits for primary care or specialty care. We will waive our members’ out-of-pocket costs for telemedicine visits with participating in-network providers for the next 90 days, beginning March 10, 2020. This will apply to Humana’s Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and employer-plan members and is limited to in-network providers.
- Preauthorizations for care have been removed in many cases. Humana Medicare Advantage and employer-plan members who test positive for COVID-19 will not need to seek preauthorization to begin treatment immediately. For Medicaid members, please refer to your state’s specific page at Humana.com/Medicaid.
- Beginning March 10, 2020, early prescription refills allowed through April 30, 2020 – For members with prescription drug coverage, Humana is allowing early refills on prescription medicines so our members can prepare for extended supply needs—an extra 30- or 90-day supply as appropriate.
- Home delivery of prescriptions may be available to members. , opens new window, a preferred-cost sharing pharmacy on many Humana prescription drug plans, offers mail delivery for all orders submitted by a prescribing physician. Members may also check with other pharmacies that may be in their plan’s network to see if they currently offer delivery to support patients in social isolation.
- Our dedicated member support line is available. Humana has trained a specialized group of call center associates to help support our members with specific coronavirus questions and concerns, including assistance in accessing their telemedicine benefits. Members can call Humana’s toll-free customer support line, which can be found on the back of their Humana member ID card, to be connected to this dedicated team of professionals.
If you suspect that you have been exposed to coronavirus or are experiencing symptoms, please consult with your health care provider to seek testing recommendations and treatment.
Everyone is encouraged to wash their hands frequently and thoroughly, avoid close contact with people who are sick, stay home if you are ill, and cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Here is an , PDF opens new window of some steps you can take to help keep you safe and healthy.
More information on how to protect yourself is available from the , opens new window. The CDC offers specific advice for people who are at , opens new window of serious illness, as well as a guide to steps everyone can take to help keep their , PDF opens new window safe.