We are eliminating out-of-pocket costs for office visits so that Medicare Advantage members can reconnect with their healthcare providers. While many members are successfully using telehealth, some are forgoing essential preventive and primary care services during this crisis. To reduce barriers, Humana is waiving in-network primary care costs, not only for COVID-19 costs, but all primary care visits for the rest of 2020. In addition, the company is waiving member costs for outpatient, non-facility based behavioral health visits through the end of year. Behavioral health issues, like depression, may be exacerbated because of the pandemic and are important to flag and treat.
Finally, Humana is extending telehealth cost share waivers for all telehealth visits—PCP and specialty, including behavioral health, for in-network providers through 2020. By eliminating these costs for Medicare Advantage members, Humana is supporting members to re-engage with their physician for pressing primary care and behavioral health needs whether in-person or virtually, depending on their personal situation.
- We are providing safety kits to support visits to healthcare providers. For members who need to access the healthcare system or other essential services in the community, Humana wants them to be as safe as possible. To assist in this effort, the company is proactively sending a safety kit to members’ homes over the next several weeks, including masks and health advice information, to support their ability to seek care.
In addition, the following measures were announced March 24, 2020:
- Preauthorizations for care have been removed in many cases. Humana Medicare Advantage and employer-plan members who test positive for COVID-19 will not need to seek preauthorization to begin treatment immediately. For Medicaid members, please refer to your state’s specific page at Humana.com/Medicaid.
- Beginning March 10, 2020, early prescription refills allowed through July 25, 2020 – For members with prescription drug coverage, Humana is allowing early refills on prescription medicines so our members can prepare for extended supply needs—an extra 30- or 90-day supply as appropriate.
- Home delivery of prescriptions may be available to members. , opens new window, a preferred-cost sharing pharmacy on many Humana prescription drug plans, offers mail delivery for all orders submitted by a prescribing physician. Members may also check with other pharmacies that may be in their plan’s network to see if they currently offer delivery to support patients in social isolation.
- Our dedicated member support line is available. Humana has trained a specialized group of call center associates to help support our members with specific coronavirus questions and concerns, including assistance in accessing their telemedicine benefits. Members can call Humana’s toll-free customer support line, which can be found on the back of their Humana member ID card, to be connected to this dedicated team of professionals.
If you suspect that you have been exposed to coronavirus or are experiencing symptoms, please consult with your health care provider to seek testing recommendations and treatment.
Everyone is encouraged to wash their hands frequently and thoroughly, avoid close contact with people who are sick, stay home if you are ill, and cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Here is an , PDF opens new window of some steps you can take to help keep you safe and healthy.
More information on how to protect yourself is available from the , opens new window. The CDC offers specific advice for people who are at , opens new window of serious illness, as well as a guide to steps everyone can take to help keep their , PDF opens new window safe.