Have your red, white and blue Medicare ID card available when you enroll. If you don’t have your red, white and blue Medicare ID card available, contact the Social Security Adminstration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 or 1-800-325-0778 (TTY). Ask the SSA for your name that appears in their records and your Medicare Part A and B effective dates.
Before you start, make sure you have this information:
- ZIP code
- Medicare number
- Last name
- Date of birth
Enrolling in a Humana plan online
- Go to 2016 Medicare Plans.
- Type your ZIP code in the Enter ZIP code field.
- Click Go.
- Select your county, if necessary, then click Go.
- View the plans in your area.
- Click Enroll Now next to the plan that meets your needs.
Consider these tips when completing your online enrollment:
- Type your name as it appears on your red, white and blue Medicare ID card.
- Type your Medicare Part A and Part B effective dates as the dates appear on your Medicare ID card.
- Remember that in most cases, with a few exceptions, you can only carry a stand-alone prescription drug plan (PDP) with a Medicare Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) plan that does not have prescription drug coverage or a Medicare Supplement plan.
Call 1-888-371-9538 (TTY 711) if you have questions about enrolling online.
Enrolling with a Humana agent
Call 1-888-223-9950 (TTY 711).