COBRA insurance administration, handled by Ceridian, is automatically included in coverage for Humana's fully insured customers at no additional cost. If you don't want this COBRA service, you'll need to sign a waiver form, which you can get from your agent or broker. COBRA insurance administration is available to ASOs for a minimal cost per month.
Here are some common questions about COBRA:
Are all employers subject to COBRA? Employers with 20 or more employees on staff for more than 50 % of their ordinary business days in the previous year must comply with COBRA.
Why do I need COBRA administration services? COBRA guidelines are complex and can be difficult to administer, consuming valuable human resources time. Misinterpreting or misapplying COBRA guidelines can lead to lawsuits costing millions of dollars — just for missing one of the many COBRA deadlines.
How can Ceridian help me handle COBRA responsibilities? Ceridian can help by:
- Reducing liability exposure for the plan administrator — The plan administrator is a human resources employee or representative that manages the plan for your company. ERISA penalties of noncompliance, per day per employee, may be imposed on the plan administrator, not the employer.
- Keeping premium increases low — With more than 20 years of experience, and as the largest COBRA administrator in the United States, Ceridian has the expertise and technology to simplify your COBRA administration and keep you in compliance.
How do I implement COBRA administration services? Here are the three easy steps to COBRA administration services:
- Once Humana sets up your account, we forward your information to Ceridian — no more than 30 days before the policy's effective date.
- Ceridian contacts you to schedule an implementation call. If they can't reach you by phone, Ceridian will send you an implementation kit by regular mail or e-mail.
- Once you've enrolled, you can contact Ceridian with any COBRA questions.
How do I reach Ceridian customer service? Employers with questions can contact Ceridian at 1-866-250-9474. Hours are 8:30 a.m.–8 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Friday. The Interactive Voice Response line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How can participants reach Ceridian customer service? After their qualifying event is registered with Ceridian, COBRA participants can call Ceridian at 1-800-877-7994. Hours are 8:30 a.m.–8 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Friday. The Interactive Voice Response line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.