Short Term Disability (STD)
The length of payment schedules and amount of benefits vary depending on the duration of the disability and the employer's size, respectively.
Features of group STD plans may include:
- Up to 66 2/3% reimbursement of insured's weekly earnings for a short period of time
- Coverage for non-occupational sickness, mental illness, substance abuse, and pregnancy
- Partial and residual benefits
- Recurrent disability benefits
- Multiple reasons for benefit eligibility
- Vocational rehabilitation or rehabilitative employment benefits
This webpage is not a complete disclosure of plan qualifications and limitations. Before applying for coverage, please refer to the Regulatory Pre-enrollment Disclosure Guide for a description of plan provisions which may exclude, limit, reduce, modify or terminate your coverage.