CABBAGE ROLL CASSEROLE
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 large white onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 jars (25 ounces each) LOW sodium pasta sauce
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) shredded cabbage
- In a medium sauté pan, brown ground beef, drain excess fat.
- Add chopped onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook until onions start to wilt. Add pasta sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cabbage and rice.
- In a large casserole dish pour mixture, cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour, uncover and bake another 30 minutes.
EASY BREAKFAST FRITTATA
- ½ medium onion chopped finely
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ c. chopped cooked vegetables or meat
- 6 beaten eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- In a saucepan (one that is safe to put in oven), cook onion in 1 tablespoon of the oil, till tender.
- Stir in vegetables or meat.
- Combine eggs, salt, pepper, and vegetables or meat mixture into the saucepan over medium to high heat.
- As eggs set, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- Continue cooking and lifting edges till mixture is almost cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Place skillet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or just until top is cooked. Sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Loosen bottom of frittata and slide out onto plate. Cut into wedges.