What is pulmonary rehab?
Pulmonary rehab includes exercise, education and support to help you breathe your best.1 You will work with a team of healthcare professionals who will help you learn to manage your COPD.
How does pulmonary rehab help with COPD?
Pulmonary rehab helps you breathe better and more easily1 by:
- Teaching you about flare-up triggers, the early signs of infection, and when to seek treatment
- Showing you breathing techniques to help with daily symptoms
- Offering you a professional partner to help you with pulmonary rehab exercises, including both cardio and strength training
- Providing information on treatment options and medicines, such as inhalers and oxygen therapy
- Providing tips for healthy choices, like eating well and quitting smoking
Should pulmonary rehab be your next step?
Pulmonary rehab will not reverse the damage to your lungs from COPD.1 But it can help you feel better and may make it easier to do daily activities such as dressing, shopping, walking or spending time with loved ones.
COPD affects different people differently. Only you and your healthcare team can decide on the pulmonary rehabilitation approach that’s right for you.
Talk to your doctor about the benefits of a spirometry test to check your lung health.
MyHealth can help
If you have COPD, check your healthcare benefits to see if your plan covers pulmonary rehab. Sign in to MyHumana.com to review your plan details.
The MyHealth section on MyHumana can help Humana members manage their health and get the most from their benefits.
Visit MyHealth to view details about types of screenings, get important reminders, and explore available plan benefits, such as exercise classes and health coaching. You’ll also find articles and resources on health topics.