How will the transplant services team work with me?
The team includes clinical advisors — specially trained registered nurses who are transplant experts. It also includes claims representatives trained in transplant services. Since 1987, the transplant services team has guided thousands of members and their families — explaining benefit structures, helping members choose an in-network program from the National Transplant Network, and handling claims quickly and efficiently.
Work with your team to:
- Understand the transplant process, including evaluation, consultations and tests
- Help you and your doctor participate in selecting a program in Humana's National Transplant Network (NTN) that meets your needs
- Maximize your health benefits
- Answer your coverage questions
- Get help with transplant-related expenses, such as travel and prescription medications
How can a transplant nurse help?
Transplant nurses serve as key clinical advisors in our transplant services team. You can rely on your transplant nurse to:
- Help coordinate referrals between doctors and specialists promptly
- Guide you through referrals for tests and X-rays
- Provide you with available options for transplant facilities
- Answer your transplant-related questions
- Work with you, one on one, throughout the transplant process and for a year post-transplant
What is the National Transplant Network?
Humana's National Transplant Network (NTN) is a network of facilities with transplant programs that is available to Humana members. The NTN offers services for covered solid organ transplants as well as stem cell transplants. Here's how it works:
- To be part of the NTN, transplant facilities and programs must meet certain criteria, including the number of transplants performed each year, outcomes, survival rates, and accreditation.
- Medicare must also certify all adult transplant programs
- You and your doctor will participate in selecting which NTN program you'll use
- Your transplant services team will assist you and your doctor in the choice of an NTN program
- Pediatric programs may be available for your dependents
Learn more about NTN facilities and programs available in your area.
How to contact the transplant services team
To reach our transplant team, call 1-866-421-5663. If you use a TTY, call 711. You'll connect with clinical advisors who are specially trained registered nurses. Depending on your plan, coverage for transplant services, medications, pediatric programs, and covered dependents, may vary. The transplant services team will help you determine what your plan covers.
Programs and tools described are not insurance or insured benefits. Program offerings are subject to change or may be discontinued, without notice and at any time. Humana is not required to offer these programs and tools, but makes them available to eligible members at no additional cost.