As a Humana plan member, you have the right to:
- Be provided with information about your Humana health plan, its services and benefits,
its providers, and your rights and responsibilities as a member.
- Choose your primary care physician from our network of affiliated physicians and
to change to another primary care physician in the Humana network (as required by
- Privacy and confidentiality regarding your medical care and records. Records pertaining
to your healthcare will not be released without your, or your authorized representative's,
written permission, except as required by law.
- Discuss your medical record with your physician and receive, upon request, a copy
of that record. Be informed of your diagnosis, treatment choices, including non
treatment, and prognosis in terms you can reasonably expect to understand, and to
participate in decision-making about your healthcare and treatment plan.
- Have a candid discussion with your practitioner about appropriate or medically necessary
treatment options for your conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- Expect reasonable access to medically necessary healthcare services, regardless
of race, national origin, religion, physical abilities, or source payment.
- File a formal complaint, as outlined in the plan's grievance procedure, and expect
a response to that complaint within a reasonable period of time.
- Be treated with courtesy and respect, with appreciation for your dignity and protection
of your right to privacy.
- Make recommendations regarding the plan's "rights and responsibilities" policies.
- Receive Humana's "Notice of Privacy Practices."
- Expect your personal information to be kept secure and used appropriately for payment
and health plan operations.
- Expect Humana to adhere to all privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
You have the right to expect the following activities concerning your personal information:
- Request an accounting of disclosures of personal health information for reasons
outside of payment and health plan operations.
- Receive an authorization form for any proposed use of your personal health information
outside of routine payment and health plan operations.
- Request an alternate form of communication of personal health information if the
release of a portion or all of the information could endanger life or health.
- Right to complain regarding an alleged breach of privacy.
- Right to agree or object regarding Humana's intent to release your personal information
outside of payment or health plan operations.
- Right to request an amendment or correction of your personal information to a designated
record created by Humana.
- Right to request access to inspect and copy information.
- Right to request Humana to restrict the use and disclosure of your personal information
and the right to terminate the restriction request.