Traditional Preferred is a coinsurance-based plan with the same coinsurance in-network as out-of-network. To get the maximum benefit from your plan — and lower costs for you — see a dentist in the HumanaDental PPO Network.
Here's an overview of what this plan covers. Deductibles and coverage amounts vary by plan. To see your specific plan benefit details, sign in to MyHumana.
Preventive services – Oral examinations, X-rays, cleanings, topical fluoride treatment (through age 14, one per calendar year), and sealants (through age 14)
- Basic services – Space maintainers (through age 14), emergency care for pain relief, simple extractions, fillings (amalgams, composite for anterior teeth), and prefabricated stainless steel crowns
- Major services – Crowns, inlays and onlays, bridgework, dentures, denture relines and rebases, denture repair and adjustments, complete oral surgery, periodontics (gum therapy), and endodontics (root canals)
In addition, your employer's plan may
include optional benefits. Here's an overview of all possible options:
Periodontics/endodontics as a basic service
- Composite fillings for molars as a basic service
- Implants as a major service; there's a $1,500 maximum implant benefit and implants are subject to the annual maximum
- No deductible for preventive services
- Complete oral surgery as a basic service
- Partial coverage (30% coinsurance) for services after you meet the annual maximum
- Coverage for child orthodontia only or adult and child orthodontia
Members may contact their participating provider to determine if any discounts are available on non-covered services.
Be sure to review your plan certificate for important plan information such as deductibles or required waiting periods.