Key healthcare terms
- For a spending account, a valid receipt must show what the charge is for AND when you incurred the charge. Examples an itemized receipt, bill, or invoice; an EOB; or a written statement from a third party. Receipts that are NOT valid include copies of cancelled checks or statements showing only a balance forward or a total charge.
- Extra services you get through a Medicare Advantage or Medicare prescription drug plan in addition to your plan benefits are considered value-added services.
- In the construction of crowns or bridges, this is a layer of tooth-colored material.
- A full crown, which has one or more surfaces, covered by tooth-colored plastic or porcelain.
- This test uses thermal, electrical, or mechanical stimuli to determine the vitality of the dental pulp.
Vitality test (dental)
- Test using thermal, electrical, or mechanical stimuli to determine the vitality of the dental pulp.
Voluntary life insurance
- Insurance for which the employee pays the entire monthly premium based on the group's characteristics is voluntary life insurance.
- Insurance plan that employers can offer at no cost to their business. Employees like the simplicity and convenience of having their premiums deducted directly from their paychecks.
- A comprehensive dental insurance plan that employers can offer at no cost to their business is known as a voluntary plan.