Recipe of the Month: Thai Chicken Pizza
Serve this Thai twist on pizza as is or with toppings, such as thinly sliced basil, cilantro, chopped peanuts and/or crushed red pepper on the side.
Thai Chicken Pizza Servings: 6 Total cost per serving: $1.69
- 20 ounces pizza dough, whole wheat
- ¼ cup peanut butter, natural
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, less sodium
- 2 teaspoons vinegar, rice
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon oil, canola
- 8 ounces chicken, breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 medium pepper, red, bell
- 4 whole scallions (green onions)
- 2/3 cup cheese, mozzarella, part-skim, shredded
- Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface into a rough 16-inch oval. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake on the bottom rack until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until well combined.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, scallions and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce to the chicken; toss to combine.
- Remove the crust from the oven; spread evenly with the remaining peanut sauce. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Return the pizza to the oven and bake on the bottom rack until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 11 to 13 minutes.
- Calories, 355
- Saturated Fat, 2 g
- Sodium, 447 mg
- Dietary Fiber, 3 g
- Total Fat, 9 g
- Carbs, 42 g
- Cholesterol, 29 mg
- Protein, 20 g
Recipe originally published by Everyday Health and reposted here with their permission.