In Winter, Focus on Prevention and Education
This slower season is a great time to earn Vitality Points for Prevention activities.
Winter is a great time to earn Vitality Points™ by completing education and prevention activities. Here are a few activities that will earn you big Vitality Points during this slower time of year.
- Take your Health Assessment and get a Vitality Check Finish out this slow season by retaking your Health Assessment, if you haven’t already, and getting a Vitality Check®, HumanaVitality’s biometric screening that measures your BMI (Body Mass Index), blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood glucose.Not only can you earn up to 2,000 Vitality Points just for getting a Vitality Check, you can earn up to 2,000 more if all of your biometrics fall within a healthy range. Plus, you’ll get an important snapshot of where you are in your health journey. This is critical for setting goals you can achieve within the next several months.
- Get a flu shot Flu season isn’t quite over yet—beat the odds while earning 200 Vitality Points by getting a flu shot at your local doctor or pharmacy and submitting a claim form within 90 days.
- Take a cotinine test Is this the year you quit smoking? Take the cotinine test, which measures your nicotine levels, to earn 400 Vitality Points, then set a Smoking Cessation goal and earn 400 Vitality Points for achieving it!
- Get dental and vision exams New this year, you can now earn Vitality Points for getting your eyes and teeth checked. HumanaVitality members on Humana and non-Humana Vision and Dental plans earn Vitality Points for submitting proof of a routine vision or dental exam.
- Join a Partner Health Club The colder months are the perfect time to take your workouts indoors. Join one of our Partner Health Clubs at a discounted rate, and tackle your New Year’s resolutions while you earn Vitality Bucks® to redeem for great rewards in the HumanaVitality Mall! Sign into your HumanaVitality.com account to find a participating Partner Health Club near you. Plus, if you join one of the 2,200 new Partner Health Clubs added at the start of the year, you’ll earn Vitality Points every time you go to the gym to do a workout.3
Continue to challenge yourself to live healthy! Work toward increasing your steps to 10,000 per day, and you’ll reach your next Vitality Status™ faster than you can say “HumanaVitality.”
HumanaVitality is not an insurance product. This material is intended for informational use only and should not be construed as medical advice or used in place of consulting a licensed medical professional. You should consult with your doctor before making dietary changes or starting an exercise routine.