At Humana, we've worked throughout the company to comply with privacy provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), a federal law designed to ensure the privacy of personal and health information. In addition to all federal laws, Humana also complies with all state laws and regulations. Also provided for you are copies of the Privacy Protection Policy and the No Cost Languages Service for your examination.
The following privacy practices have been updated effective February 2019:
- Group medical, individual, dental Notice of Privacy Practices for group medical, dental, and individual plans.
- Government health plans Notice of Privacy Practices for Medicare, Medicaid, and Federal Employees.
- State notices - Notices of Privacy Practice in California, Connecticut and New York Review notices specific to your state.
- California Consumer Privacy Act Review California-specific notices
- Administrative services only (ASO) Notice of Privacy Practices for ASO employer-sponsored health plans.
- Individual privacy rights Get details on your privacy rights and download forms to exercise your rights.
- Communication policies You can choose how you prefer to receive specific communications.