Medicare grievance

Medicare Grievance

When can I file a grievance?

If you have dissatisfaction with any aspect of your health care plan, customer care, your provider or treatment facility, you can submit a grievance. Grievances do not include claims or service denials, as those are classified as appeals. You can use the Grievance/Appeal Request form to appeal.

Who can submit the grievance request?

You (member) or a person you appoint. Refer to the How to Appoint a Representative section for additional information.

How can I submit the grievance request?

  • Fax or mail the form – Download a copy of the following form and fax or mail it to Humana.

    Grievance/Appeal Request Form Download PDF English

    Fax Number: 1-855-251-7594

    Mailing Address: Humana Grievances and Appeals P.O. Box 14165 Lexington, KY 40512-4165

    Puerto Rico Members: Use the following form, fax and/or mailing address.

    Grievance/Appeal Request Form – Puerto Rico Download PDF English Spanish

    Fax Number: 1-800-595-0462

    Mailing Address: Humana Puerto Rico Grievances and Appeals Unit P.O. Box 191920 San Juan, PR 00919-1920

  • Call the number on the back of your ID card. You can submit a grievance by calling Customer Service. You can also get help with any questions or problems you have filling out the form. Call Customer Service toll free at the number on the back of your ID card. If you have a speech or hearing impairment and use a TTY, call 711. Puerto Rico members, call 1-866-773-5959. Our hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Multi-Language Interpreter Services

Dont miss your chance to enroll

Enrollment reminder emails

Register now to receive free reminder emails about important enrollment deadlines.

Sign up today (link opens in new window) 
Get help @HumanaHelp

Get help @HumanaHelp

Connect with Humana customer service on Twitter.

Follow HumanaHelp on Twitter (link opens in new window)