Here are some of the benefits of e-prescribing:
- Your doctor can locate lower-cost options when prescribing.
- Your doctor can see your medication history, eligibility, formulary and benefit information all in one place, so you get the right medicine.
- Your pharmacist receives your prescription electronically and won’t need to confirm a hand-written prescription that may be hard to read.
- Your doctor can send in new prescriptions to pharmacies without having to fax a request.
- E-prescribing technology can provide alerts between your pharmacist and doctor when new prescriptions are needed.
If you’d like to know if your doctor and pharmacy use e-prescribing, you can check the Surescripts website:
- Find e-prescribing doctors: See if your doctor e-prescribes, or find another provider who does.
- Locate e-prescribing pharmacies: Check if your pharmacy accepts electronic prescriptions, or find one that does.
Visit the Surescripts website
The Surescripts search tools are tabs located at the very top of the Surescripts home page. Also note that this link takes you to an external site administered by Surescripts. The providers and pharmacies listed on their site may not be in your plan’s network.
NOTE: Websites accessible from Humana.com may provide information about current medical procedures, services, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and other treatment and therapies that may not be covered under your health plan. The information on these sites does not necessarily represent the views of Humana, nor should the information be construed as an endorsement by Humana. The information on these websites is not a substitute for professional healthcare. For personal medical guidance, please consult your physician. If you have questions about your Humana health plan benefits, please call Humana Customer Service at the number on your member ID card.
*If you are a member of a qualified State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program, please contact the Program to verify that the mail-order pharmacy will coordinate with that program. You must use network pharmacies, except under non-routine circumstances. Other mail-order pharmacies are available in our network.
Group Medicare members please note that Humana is a Medicare Advantage organization and a stand-alone prescription drug plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in a Humana plan depends on contract renewal.