Accuracy & safety
- Two Humana Pharmacy pharmacists review each new prescription for accuracy and possible drug-to-drug and drug-to-disease interactions.
- Pharmacists compare each filled prescription to a drug catalog photo.
- Barcoding, radio frequency identification (RFID) and advanced technology reduce the chances of errors when medication orders are filled and when they are shipped.
- Humana Pharmacy uses foil-sealed containers to prevent tampering.
Potential cost savings
With 90-day pricing and low-cost alternatives, Humana Pharmacy may help reduce your Humana-insured patient's prescription drug costs. Deductible may apply.
- Humana Pharmacy lets patients know the status of their order via email or phone. It also notifies patients when their prescriptions are ready to be refilled.
- Healthcare providers can speak with a pharmacist or technician when questions arise.
Three convenient ways to prescribe with Humana Pharmacy
If your patients choose Humana Pharmacy, you can submit their prescriptions by these methods:
Electronically – If you have electronic prescribing capabilities, you can transmit your patient's 3-month-supply prescription directly to Humana Pharmacy. Simply choose "Humana Pharmacy" from the list of available pharmacies.
Electronic prescribing with Humana Pharmacy flier - English (127 KB)
By fax – Fax the physician fax form to 1-800-379-7617. Humana Pharmacy will only accept faxes from healthcare providers.
Physician fax form - English (80KB)
Physician fax form - Spanish (80KB)
By phone – Call Humana Pharmacy at 1-800-379-0092.
Medicare patient consent: Please ask Medicare members to call 1-800-379-0092 to consent to the shipment of new prescriptions submitted by your office. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services requires mail-delivery pharmacies to obtain Medicare member permission for each shipment of a new prescription sent to Humana Pharmacy by a prescriber. Humana Pharmacy customers can provide advance consent for us to mail any new prescriptions sent directly to Humana Pharmacy within a 12-month period.
Questions about Humana Pharmacy?
Call Humana Pharmacy at 1-800-379-0092 with any questions. Healthcare providers who use a TTY should call 711.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Eastern time; and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Eastern time.
For additional information on why Humana Pharmacy may be a good option for your patients, please download the overview flier.
Humana Pharmacy overview flier for healthcare providers - English (161 KB)
Humana Pharmacy overview flier for healthcare providers - Spanish (161 KB)