Humana recognizes that members have the sole discretion to choose their pharmacy. You must use your independent medical judgment when advising patients regarding pharmacy choices. Other pharmacies are available in Humana’s network. Prescription drug plan members should refer to their plan benefit information to verify their pharmacy mail-order benefit. Below are some of the benefits RightSource offers.
Accuracy and safety
- Two RightSource pharmacists review each new prescription for accuracy and possible drug-to-drug and drug-to-disease interactions.
- Pharmacists compare each filled prescription to a drug catalog photo.
- Barcoding, radio frequency identification (RFID) and state-of the-art technology reduce the chances of errors when medication orders are filled and when they are shipped.
- RightSource uses foil-sealed containers to prevent tampering.
Potential cost savings
With 90-day pricing and low-cost alternatives, RightSource may help reduce your Humana-insured patient's prescription drug costs. Some Medicare members may receive Tier 1 generic medications for a $0 copayment.
- RightSource lets patients know the status of their order via email or phone. It also notifies patients when their prescriptions are ready to be refilled.
- Health care providers can speak with a pharmacist or technician when questions arise.
Prescription drug plan members should refer to their plan benefit information to verify their pharmacy mail-order benefit.
Three convenient ways to prescribe with RightSource
If your patients choose RightSource, you can submit their prescriptions via these methods:
FASTEST electronically: If you have electronic prescribing capabilities, you can transmit your patient's three-month-supply prescription directly to RightSource. Simply choose "RightSource Rx" from the list of available pharmacies.
Electronic prescribing with RightSource flier - English (127KB)
FASTER By fax: Fax the physician fax form below to 1-800-379-7617. RightSource will only accept faxes from health care providers.
Physician fax form - English (80KB)
Physician fax form - Spanish (80KB)
FAST By phone: Call RightSource at 1-800-379-0092.
Medicare patient consent: Please ask Medicare members to call us at 1-800-379-0092 to consent to the shipment of new prescriptions submitted to us by your office. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services requires mail-order pharmacies to obtain Medicare member permission for each shipment of a new prescription sent to RightSource by a prescriber. RightSource customers can provide advance consent for RightSource to mail any new prescriptions sent directly to RightSource within a 12-month period.
Questions about RightSource?
Call RightSource at 1-800-379-0092. Health care providers who use a TTY should call 711.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST.
For additional information on why RightSource may be a good option for your patients, please download the flier below.
RightSource overview flier for health care providers - English (161KB)
RightSource overview flier for health care providers - Spanish (161KB)