Convenience and service
RightSource Specialty Pharmacy offers these services for prescribers:
- Quick order placement by fax, phone or e-prescription
- Updates on patients' referral status for select medication therapies
- A "need-by date" refill process that eliminates medication surpluses while
ensuring patients have their medications when needed
- Support for many complex therapies, including hemophilia, immune deficiency,
oncology and hepatitis C
- Prescription accuracy and safety protocols that include our utilization
management program, which verifies medications meet manufacturer and Humana dosing
- Billing experts to help you with coverage administration
You and your patients will be supported by a clinical team consisting of nurses and
pharmacists who specialize in your patients' medications and conditions.
RightSource Specialty Pharmacy offers your patients the following services:
- Need-based financial assistance: When patients express a
financial need, RightSource Specialty Pharmacy staff connects them to financial
support programs offered by drug manufacturers and foundations. About 50 percent of
Humana members who use RightSource Specialty receive financial support from these
- Education on medication side effects and how to minimize their impact
- Medication adherence monitoring and coaching
- Monitoring of proper medication dosing by checking lab results and
contraindications and performing a full medication review
- Disease education
- Injection training
- Behavioral health assessments to screen your patients for depression
- 24-hour availability of pharmacists to answer patients' questions
- Shipping to the location of your patients' choice, including their home,
workplace or physician's office
Three convenient ways to prescribe:
- Select "RightSource Specialty Pharmacy" in your e-prescribing software.
- Call RightSource Specialty at 1-800-486-2668.
- Fax the appropriate medication
order form to 1-877-405-7940. RightSource Specialty will only accept faxes from
For more information
If you have questions about its services, call RightSource Specialty at 1-800-486-
2668. Specialty care coordinators are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8
p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
Patients with Humana coverage should refer to their plan benefit information to
verify their specialty pharmacy benefit.
RightSource Specialty Flier
Download the RightSource Specialty flier for more information about our services.
(668 KB) Download PDF