Convenience & service
Humana Specialty Pharmacy offers these services for prescribers:
- Quick order placement by fax, phone or e-prescription
- Updates on patients' authorization status for select medication therapies
- A "need-by date" refill process that helps eliminate medication surpluses while also helping to ensure patients have their medications when needed
- Support for many complex therapies, including hemophilia, immune deficiency, oncology and hepatitis C
- Prescription accuracy and safety protocols that include a utilization management program. This verifies that medications meet manufacturer and Humana dosing guidelines
- Billing assistance to help you with coverage questions
You and your patients will be supported by a clinical team consisting of nurses and pharmacists who specialize in your patients' medications and conditions.
Humana Specialty Pharmacy offers your patients the following services:
- Need-based financial assistance: When patients express a financial need, Humana Specialty Pharmacy staff connects them to financial support programs offered by drug manufacturers and foundations. About 50% of Humana Specialty Pharmacy patients receive some type of financial support from these programs.
- Education on medication side effects and how to minimize their impact.
- Medication adherence monitoring and coaching.
- Monitoring of proper medication dosing by checking lab results and contraindications, and by performing a full medication review.
- Disease education.
- Injection training.
- 24-hour availability of pharmacists to answer patients' urgent or clinical questions.
Three convenient ways to prescribe:
- Select "Humana Specialty Pharmacy" in your e-prescribing software.
- Call Humana Specialty Pharmacy at 1-800-486-2668.
- Fax the appropriate medication order form to 1-877-405-7940. Humana Specialty Pharmacy will only accept faxes from prescribers.
View medication order forms
For more information
If you have questions about specialty drugs, call Humana Specialty Pharmacy at 1-800-486-2668. Specialty care coordinators are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern time; and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern time.
Patients with Humana coverage should refer to their plan benefit information to verify their specialty pharmacy benefit.
Humana Specialty Pharmacy flier
Download the Humana Specialty Pharmacy flier for more information about specialty drug services.
Humana Specialty Pharmacy flier – English (668 KB)