10 ways to stay healthy
Staying healthy means more than taking medicine and seeing a doctor when you don’t feel well. It’s an ongoing commitment to your health—not only for you, but so you’ll be there for the people in your life.
It’s never too late to adopt a healthy lifestyle. Make it a priority to:
- Eat healthy foods
- Keep your hands clean to stop the spread of germs
- Schedule regular checkups with your doctor
- Get screenings regularly, as recommended by your doctor
- Take medications as prescribed and note any side effects to discuss with your doctor
- Minimize hazards in your home that could cause falls or injuries
- Manage your stress
- Make sure you get a full night’s sleep
- Find information and resources you need on MyHumana.com (link opens in new window) for upcoming surgeries or ongoing health issues
Health check: Top health screenings
Types of screenings
Consult your doctor about which screenings you’ll need based on your age and gender, such as:
- Cholesterol screening/lipid profile
- Blood pressure
- Diabetes screening
- Bone density test
- Colon cancer screening
- Eye exam
- Hearing test
- Skin cancer screening
- Vitamin D test
- Dental exam
- Pregnancy diabetes screening
- Pelvic exam and pap smear
- Breast exam
- Prostate screening
Find a provider
MyHealth can help
The MyHealth section on MyHumana can help you manage your health and get the most from your Humana benefits.
Visit MyHealth to view details about types of screenings, get important reminders, and explore available plan benefits, such as exercise classes and health coaching. You’ll also find articles and resources with helpful information on health topics.
View your MyHealth page (link opens in new window)
Not yet registered for MyHumana?
Sign up now
This material is provided for informational use only and should not be construed as medical advice or used in place of consulting a licensed medical professional. You should consult with your doctor to determine what is right for you.