Join our network
If you are a dentist interested in participating in the HumanaDental® network, please complete our dentist network application form:
Applicants in the following states should use these links instead:
Minnesota: Premier, opens new window
Nevada: Diversified, opens new window
Michigan: DenteMax, opens new window
To refer another dentist for participation in the HumanaDental network, please use our refer a dentist form.
Credentialing of health care professionals
Credentialing is the process of obtaining and reviewing documentation to determine participation status in a health plan. The documentation may include, but not be limited to, the applicant’s education, training, clinical privileges, experience, licensure, accreditation, certifications, professional liability insurance, malpractice history and professional competence. Generally, the terms credentialing and recredentialing include the review of the information and documentation collected, as well as verification that the information is accurate and complete.
- Providers who would like to , opens in new window
- If there are credentialing/recredentialing questions, please contact Medversant Humana Customer Contact by calling 1-855-654-3371 or emailing email@example.com
Medversant Technologies processes dental credentialing and recredentialing applications on behalf of Humana.
Humana requires the use of ProviderSource, a service that provides a fast and easy way to securely submit credentialing information to multiple plans and networks by entering information just once. Application data can be submitted online at any time. The simplified credentialing process reduces paperwork and saves time. It is provided at no cost.
To become credentialed for the first time, you will need a current and complete ProviderSource application and should include the following:
- All information is completed on the form or marked as “not applicable.”
- All prior and current practice locations should be included on the application.
- Identification numbers such as the provider’s Social Security number, National Provider Identifier (NPI), DEA and professional license number.
- All questions answered, including any necessary explanation.
- Attestation, signature and date.
- Digital (scanned) copies of your:
- Curriculum vitae or work history in a month/year format
- Professional license
- Drug Enforcement Agency number or an explanation if there is no DEA number
- Controlled Dangerous Substances (CDS) certificate
- Copy of malpractice insurance face sheet
- Summary of pending or settled malpractice cases
If you have a CAQH ID, visit , opens in new window and do the following:
- Create a username and password
- Create a user profile
- The system will ask if you have a CAQH ID. A “Yes” answer prompts you to enter your CAQH number.
- You will receive an email confirmation to re-attest in ProviderSource.
If you don’t have a CAQH ID, visit , opens in new window and do the following:
- Create a username and password.
- Create your user profile.
- The system will ask if you have a CAQH ID. A “No” answer prompts you to complete the online application
- You will receive an email confirmation.
Tools and resources
The new Provider Quarterly Newsletter is designed to keep providers informed of changes and relative information.
Electronic funds transfer and electronic remittance advice
Get paid faster and reduce administrative paperwork with electronic funds transfer (EFT) and electronic remittance advice (ERA). To start or update ERA and EFT, please sign in to the secure Dental portal and select the “Dental providers” dropdown at the top left of the page. The ERA/EFT link displays under the “Payments” menu.
Want to save time and increase efficiency?
HumanaDental issues digital member ID cards
HumanaDental commercial group members have the convenience of a digital member ID card and may no longer need to present a physical member ID card. They may use Humana tools to print a paper version of their card or email or fax a copy to your office. They also may present a digital ID card using their MyHumana mobile app. We respectfully request that you accept a digital, fax or printed version of these patients’ ID cards.
For more information, refer to these frequently asked questions and answers.
Claim attachment guidelines
Before submitting a claim form to Humana, learn more about claim documentation.
Medicare dental plan summary sheets and important information
Are you part of the HumanaDental Medicare network (or Careington Medicare Network in Florida)? If so, be sure to review the summary sheets for our dental plans, as well as an outline of plans sold in each state.
Refer to humana.com/sb for additional information.
Mandatory Medicare compliance requirements
The HumanaDental Medicare network provides benefits to Humana members enrolled in Medicare Advantage and prescription drug plan programs. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services mandates that all Humana-contracted entities, including those contracted with Humana subsidiaries, complete compliance requirements on an annual basis.
DHMO and Advantage network plan summaries
Are you part of the dental health maintenance organization (DHMO) or Advantage network? If so, you may wish to review these plan summaries.
Member summary information
The Humana Member Summary is a tool that displays patient-specific, clinically relevant information in a standardized format to assist you in identifying opportunities to improve clinical outcomes and reduce medically related costs.Member summary information
Some Humana networks may have additional participation criteria physicians and other healthcare providers must meet in order to be granted participation status. If you are eligible to use our online application, please review this important information.
Sign in to access our secure, self-service website for dentists.
Looking for a specific dentist?
New to Humana?
Please review the Humana Dental Provider Welcome Packet for information about how to work with us better.