Preauthorization and notification for outpatient transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE) and outpatient coronary
Humana uses HealthHelp’s RadConsultTM tool for obtaining preauthorization for Humana-covered patients' outpatient
transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE) and outpatient coronary angioplasty/stent procedures.
Please note: Exclusions from this requirement include the following members and providers:
- Puerto Rico commercial, Medicaid and MA members and their providers
- Florida MA HMO and Medicaid HMO members and their providers
- Ochsner commercial and MA HMO members and their providers
- Health Care Partners commercial and MA HMO members and their providers
- Chicago risk and delegated providers
Submitting Preauthorization Requests
Humana requires that preauthorization requests for outpatient transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE) and outpatient coronary
angioplasty/stent procedures be submitted to Humana Radiology Services by calling 1-866-825-1550, available 7 a.m. to 7
p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, or by submitting an online request via the
HealthHelp website at HealthHelp. New enrollees should choose “Enroll”
under "RadConsult™" to register.
As health care providers move through the authorization process, they will be prompted to provide the following
- Member name and Humana member ID number
- Ordering physician name
- Ordering physician telephone and fax numbers
- Patient diagnoses or clinical indication [International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision (ICD-9) code]
- Procedure ordered (e.g., transthoracic, stress, dobutamine and intravascular echocardiogram; coronary balloon
angioplasty or stent)
- Clinical information supporting procedure request (e.g., presenting symptoms, prior treatment, prior diagnostic
testing result, etc.)
Following assessment, an authorization number will be provided, or the health care provider will be contacted for
clarification if the information is incomplete or does not meet evidence-based criteria for the procedure requested.
HealthHelp will also offer assistance with locating an imaging facility.
Available 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
Submitting a request online
Physicians may submit an online request via HealthHelp.
Humana Cardiology Benefit Management
Learn more about this program
and the patient information required when requesting preauthorization or providing notification.
Learn how to request, schedule and follow up on imaging services and treatment plans for your Humana-covered patients
online with RadConsult by viewing the Education-on-Demand presentation, RadConsult
Questions about this program may be directed to HealthHelp/RadConsult program support:
Available 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday