Humana’s benefit estimator is a secure web tool you can use to create a personalized estimate of a patient’s payment responsibility. The estimate is specific to the health care provider and treatment/service and based on a real-time snapshot of the patient’s benefits. This facilitates financial discussions between you and your patients so that payment arrangements can be made at the time of service.
To take advantage of this tool, you must be a registered user of the Availity Web Portal or Humana.com secure provider portal.
Locating this tool on the Availity Web Portal
On the Availity Web Portal, you can access the benefit estimator through the “Patient Cost Estimator” button:
- Log in to the Availity Web Portal at Availity.com with your Availity user ID and password.
- Open the “Patient Registration” drop-down menu from the top navigation bar.
- Select the “Eligibility and Benefits Inquiry” link to look up the member’s coverage.
- On the Eligibility and Benefits results, select the “Patient Cost Estimator” button at the top of the screen.
Locating this tool on Humana.com
Please note that Humana is transitioning to the Availity Web Portal as the online site for health care providers to complete secure administrative tasks online. However, if you still have access to the Humana.com secure portal, you can access the benefit estimator tool as follows:
- Log in to the Humana.com secure provider portal with your user ID and password.
- Choose the “Eligibility & Benefits” icon.
- Select your provider group.
- Look up the member using the “Eligibility Search” screen.
- When you see the member’s “Coverage Detail” screen, select the “Benefit Estimator” button at the top or bottom of the page.
For more information about this or other web tools, please send an email to eBusiness@Humana.com.