- Gain a better understanding of their medications
- Benefit from one-on-one time with a pharmacist
- Receive recommendations for treatment alternatives, if applicable
Physicians are notified by fax about the results of consultations if the member consents to the notification and agrees to a change in medication therapy recommended by the pharmacist. The physician fax will outline the consulting pharmacist's recommendations and ask the doctor to make the recommended changes.
Who is eligible for the program?
Members who meet predetermined eligibility requirements or are referred from other Humana clinical programs may qualify for the RxMentor program. Once a Humana member becomes eligible for RxMentor, the member will receive a call from a customer care representative to schedule a phone consultation with a Humana-employed pharmacist, or the member will receive an offer for a face-to-face consultation with a local pharmacy. During either of these one-on-one consultations, the pharmacist will discuss the member's medications and explore cost-savings opportunities. Members may receive up to five consultations a year, depending on whether follow-up consultations are necessary.
Consultations may include the following topics:
- Medication adherence
- Safety (possible adverse reactions from taking multiple medications together, potential drug-interactions, etc.)
- Drug information and health literacy
- Gaps in medication therapies
- Possible medication alternatives