Medical and Pharmacy Coverage Policies
Medical and Pharmacy Coverage Policies describe Humana's evaluation and coverage of medical procedures, devices and medications that are being investigated or have been recently introduced for the treatment of various conditions.
- Vitamin D Testing
Policies with Significant Revisions
- Chiropractic Care
- Genetic Testing for Diagnosis and Monitoring of Cancer
- Injections for Chronic Pain Conditions
- Karyotyping for Diagnosis of Noncancer Indications
- Plantar Fasciitis Treatments
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Biologic Markers and Pharmacologic Assessment
- Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Uterine Fibroid Surgical Treatments
Frequently requested services (Medicare and commercial coverage)
For information on how to submit a preauthorization for frequently requested services/procedures for your patients with Humana commercial or Medicare coverage, please use drop down below. For all other services, please reference the inpatient and outpatient requests to complete your request online or call 1-800-523-0023.
Preauthorization and notification lists
View documents that list services and medications for which preauthorization may be required for patients with Humana Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, dual Medicare-Medicaid and commercial coverage.
Submitting a request with Availity
Optional fax form
State-specific preauthorization forms
State-specific preauthorization statistics