How to make a claim payment inquiry
Please follow the process outlined below to make a claim payment inquiry:
- Call Humana’s provider call center at 800-457-4708.
- Record the reference number issued to you by the call center.
- If your issue is not resolved by the call center representative, you can ask for a supervisor.
- In some situations, the call center representative will route your issue to an internal team at Humana. If this occurs, you will receive a letter or updated explanation of remittance from the team that completes the additional review. Most inquiries receive a response in 30 to 45 days.
- After receiving our response, if you disagree with our determination and would like to dispute it, you may escalate your concern by sending a secure email to HumanaProviderServices@humana.com. Standard email is not secure and may expose information to unauthorized parties. If you do not have secure email capabilities, you can access our secure email portal at Humana.com/secure and enter the email address above.
Be sure to include the following in your message:
- The reference number(s) we provided previously
- The healthcare provider’s name and Tax ID Number
- The Humana member’s Humana ID number and the member’s relationship to the patient
- The date of service, claim number and name of the provider of the services
- The charge amount, actual payment amount, expected payment amount and your reasons for contesting our payment
- The email address or phone number we should use to send you our response
- Look for an “Acknowledgment of Submission” email with a tracking number within five business days of your submission. Please allow 30 to 45 days from the date of the acknowledgment notice for our response.
Claims payment inquiry guide
, PDF opens new window for claim payment inquiries, medical record requests, appeals and code-edit questions.