Coding issues can slow down claims processing, resulting in delayed payments. Avoid unnecessary delays by using Humana’s updated Code Edit Simulator to simulate potential code edits before submitting a claim.
When you enter claim information in the simulator, it instantly displays potential code edits that Humana may apply. This feedback allows you to address issues that can delay the adjudication of your claim.
To use the simulator on the Availity Web Portal:
- Log in to the Availity web portal at , opens new window and select “Payer Spaces,” then “Humana.”
- Under the Applications tab, select “Code Edit Simulator” to access the app. If you do not see the Code Edit Simulator, contact your Availity administrator to request access.
How to get Code Edit Simulator
The Code Edit Simulator is an app on the Availity web portal. You must have a username and password for the portal and your site administrator must grant you access to the simulator.
, PDF opens new window
Submit code edit questions online
Physicians and healthcare providers can submit specific questions about code editing through Humana’s Code Editing Questions tool. You can access this tool through the multipayer Availity provider portal.
To submit a code-editing question on Availity:
- If you are not registered for Availity’s secure portal, go to , opens new window and select “REGISTER” to sign up.
- Once logged in, select “More” from the links near the top of the page.
- Under “Claims,” select “Research Procedure Code Edits” to access the tool.