Our goal is to help cancer patients become empowered through education and the development of self-management skills that foster treatment plan compliance and better health outcomes. Nurses offer members:
- Insight into the scope of their Humana medical benefits
- Educational materials to learn about the disease, treatment regimens and possible side effects
- Education and advice to prevent or minimize side effects
- Referrals to community resources, including support groups
- Referrals to organizations that offer financial assistance with copayments, medication costs and treatment-related travel costs
- Referrals to organizations that offer transportation for medical appointments
- Information about the Palliative Supportive Care Program that assists patients during their cancer journey with decisions related to quality of life
Eligibility and cost
This program is available to commercial, Florida Medicaid and select Administrative Services Only members at no additional cost. It is not available to Puerto Rico members.
Humana contacts members diagnosed with cancer to offer them the opportunity to enroll in the program. To refer themselves to the program, eligible members may call 1-877-416-8773, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern time, and ask to speak to a cancer nurse.
For more information about the Humana Cancer Program, please call1-877-416-8773
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern Time