Illinois is checking to make sure Medicaid recipients in Illinois are still eligible for Medicaid coverage, and the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services is asking all providers who care for Medicaid recipients in Illinois to reinforce the importance of completing the renewal process.
To help make sure your patients with Medicaid coverage don’t accidentally lose their coverage and benefits, please remind them to:
- Visit the
application for benefits eligibility page, sign in to their account and select Manage My Case.
- Verify your mailing address under Contact Us, which will display as an option after they sign in to their account.
- Locate their due date (the “redetermination” date) in their Benefit Details. They can opt in for text and email alerts about their renewal date by Account Management tab under Manage your communications preferences.
Everyone’s renewal date is different, so it is critical that Medicaid recipients in Illinois get ready to renew.
Members will receive renewal information in the mail about 1 month before their renewal date. They must complete and return it right away. They can
For help with their renewal, members can call 800-843-6154.
Provider notices and updates
From time to time, we post key information and updates for our providers, including reminders and administrative updates.
Access key provider notices and updates
We make available key provider documents, including the Provider Resource Guide and Provider Manual, and documents the Department of Healthcare and Family Services asks us to make available to our providers.
Provider training materials
Humana and the state of Illinois require all entities participating with dual Medicare-Medicaid plans and Medicaid plans—including those contracted with subsidiaries—complete the following training materials:
- Cultural competency training
- Health, safety and welfare education training
- Medicaid provider training
- Humana orientation training
- Compliance and fraud, waste and abuse training