The Ohio Perinatal Quality Collaborative (OPQC) Progesterone Project's goal is to decrease premature births in Ohio before 32 weeks by 10%, by:
- Identifying women with increased risk early in pregnancy
- Starting treatment with progesterone
Learn more about the Prematurity Prevention (Progesterone) Project.
The Pregnancy Risk Assessment Communication (PRAF) is Ohio Medicaid’s preferred method for providers to notify the state and us of an individual’s pregnancy. You can submit this information via a paper or online form. The online form is called PRAF 2.0.
The PRAF 2.0:
- Is the Ohio Department of Medicaid’s preferred notification of pregnancy
- Is the only pregnancy notification that automatically
- Updates Medicaid eligibility, which helps to
- Prevent loss of Medicaid coverage during pregnancy
- Prevent payment delays
- Notifies us of a pregnancy
- Notifies the home health agency of the need for progesterone
- Assesses for additional patient needs
- Results in the generation of a progesterone prescription that can be printed and faxed or taken to a pharmacy
Submit the PRAF 2.0
Get the paper PRAF 2.0, PDF
Instructions for completing the paper PRAF 2.0, PDF
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) launched recently an initiative called HEAR HER, which includes information, stories, and resources for providers with pregnant patients in their panel. Learn how preventing maternal deaths and complications starts with listening.
CDC HEAR HER campaign
Please use our Notification of birth form to let us know when one of your patients with Humana Healthy Horizons® in Ohio coverage gives birth. Use this form to report a single birth as well as the delivery of twins or triplets. We will use this information to get a newborn Medicaid ID for each baby.
Notification of birth form, PDF
Our members can call the Ohio statewide breastfeeding hotline 24/7, 365 days a year. This service will have Certified Lactation Specialists, Certified Lactation Counselors, and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants available to members for free.
Learn more about Appalachian Breastfeeding Network