Humana has enhanced its approval process on the , opens new window with a new preauthorization automation feature. This optional feature can provide immediate determinations for requests that previously may have been pended for review. Availity web portal
For select services on Humana’s preauthorization list, physicians or their staff now have the option to get faster approvals by answering a few clinical questions online. If all necessary criteria are met, Humana will deliver an instant approval.
By choosing to complete the short questionnaire, you can streamline the authorization process for patients’ medical services. Even if an online approval is not provided immediately, the information given on the questionnaire will help Humana complete the review more quickly.
To save time when submitting the authorization, have on hand the relevant clinical information from the patient’s chart, including:
- Standard authorization information, such as requesting and servicing provider and/or facility
- Patient’s signs and symptoms and their duration
- Related prior diagnostic tests and results
- Related patient medications and duration
- Relevant prior treatments or other clinical findings
Sign in to the , opens new window and create an authorization request as usual. Availity web portal
- Look for a button labeled “Click to Complete Questionnaire.” This means the automation feature is available for the service.
- Answer the questions to receive an instant determination on your preauthorization.
For more information, refer to , PDF opens new window
and a list of Humana preauthorization automation on Availity, PDF opens new window
Frequently asked questions.