Information for patients1:
- The safety profile of Natpara remains consistent with the product label. As of the date of this recall, Takeda is not aware of any adverse events directly related to this matter. After discussions with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the company is issuing this recall as a precaution.
- As part of this communication, and consistent with the product label, Takeda is alerting Natpara patients and prescribers that stopping Natpara abruptly can cause a sharp decrease in blood calcium levels (severe hypocalcemia), which can have serious health consequences.
- For any general questions regarding the recall of this product, please contact a Takeda OnePath patient support manager at:
- 1-866-888-0660 (live calls received Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern time)
- Consumers should also contact their physicians or healthcare providers if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using this drug product.
- To determine if a specific product has been recalled, patients should look at the drug name and company name on the label of their prescription bottles. If the information is not on the bottle, patients should contact the pharmacy that dispensed the medicine. Patients should contact their pharmacists or physicians to discuss their treatment options if their medicine is included in this recall.
- Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.