Humana's medical and pharmacy coverage policies are based on evidence published in peer-reviewed medical literature, technology assessments obtained from independent medical research organizations, evidence-based consensus statements and evidence-based guidelines from nationally recognized professional healthcare organizations.
Information about medical and pharmacy coverage policies can be found at Humana.com/CoveragePolicies by selecting "Medical and Pharmacy Coverage Policies" under "Resources." Policies can be reviewed by name or revision date.
Users also may search for a particular policy using the search box. More detailed information can be found by reviewing "How to Read a Medical Coverage Policy" and "Understanding the Medical Coverage Policy Development Process" under “Helpful Links.”
Recent changes to medical and pharmacy coverage policies are listed below.
New medical coverage policies
- Karyotyping for Diagnosis of Noncancer Indications
Policies with Significant Revisions
- Achalasia and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Treatments
- Breast Reconstruction
- Comparative Genomic Hybridization/Chromosomal Microarray Analysis
- Electrical Stimulation (ES) and Electromagnetic Therapy for the Treatment of Wounds
- Genetic Testing for Diagnosis and Monitoring of Noncancer Indications
- Genetic Testing for Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- Infertility Evaluation and Treatments
- Keratoconus Surgical Treatments
- Speech Generating Devices, Voice Prosthesis
- Transcatheter Valve Procedures
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)