The Making It Easier series is a library of information about Humana’s claims payment policies and processes, with each topic addressed separately for easy access. The library includes a narrated video presentation and a printable tip sheet for each topic, all available 24/7 to be viewed at your convenience.
We have updated our Medicare Advantage Preventive Services material, providing additional information and refreshed examples, and have posted individual presentations that address specific coding and billing requirements for preventive services rendered in federally qualified health centers and rural health clinics.
These modules provide information about Humana’s policies for preventive services for your patients with Humana Medicare Advantage plans. Topics covered include the Initial Preventive Physical Examination (IPPE), Annual Wellness Visit (AWV), Annual Preventive Physical Exam, Well Woman Exam and other Medicare-covered preventive screening services.
Look for these presentations and many additional topics at Humana.com/MakingItEasier.
Other new topics include:
- Emergency Department E/M Reimbursement – Learn about Humana’s policy for reimbursing in-network facility claims for emergency department evaluation and management services.
- Genetic Testing: Billing and Coding for Medical and Laboratories – Learn about Humana’s billing expectations for coverable medically necessary genetic testing and how Humana will adjudicate and reimburse for those covered services.
- Modifiers 76 and 77 – Learn about Humana’s policy on the use of modifiers 76 and 77 to indicate that a service is a repeat procedure.
Other popular topics available on our website include:
- Anatomical Modifiers
- Tools and Resources for Physicians and Other Healthcare Providers
- Modifier 25
- Multiple Evaluation and Management Services
- Procedure to Procedure Code Editing
- And more…