Our goal is to help cancer patients become empowered through education and the development of self-management skills that foster treatment plan compliance and better health outcomes. Nurses offer members:
- Insight into the scope of their Humana medical benefits
- Educational materials to learn about the disease, treatment regimens and possible side effects
- Education and advice to prevent or minimize side effects
- Referrals to community resources, including support groups
- Referrals to organizations that offer financial assistance with copayments, medication costs and treatment-related travel costs
- Referrals to organizations that offer transportation for medical appointments
Eligibility and cost
This program is available to commercial and select administrative-services-only members at no cost. It is not available to Puerto Rico members.
Humana contacts members diagnosed with cancer to offer them the opportunity to enroll in the program. Eligible members may also call 1-877-416-8773 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, and ask to speak to a cancer nurse to refer themselves to the program.
Health care providers with questions about the Humana Cancer Program should call the phone number on the back of their patient’s Humana ID card.