Humana Achieve advocates are behavioral clinicians and nurses who provide telephone-based case management for members. Through motivational interviewing, positive psychology and solution-oriented approaches, advocates work to:
- Empower members to manage their behavioral symptoms.
- Guide members in identifying sustainable solutions to their symptoms.
- Educate members about how to navigate the health care system and find needed resources.
- Develop a personalized treatment program for the member.
- Integrate medical and behavioral components of treatment to produce long-lasting results.
Humana Achieve advocates may also facilitate conference calls between the member and his or her primary care or behavioral health provider if the member signs a release-of-information form.
This case management program is accredited by the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC).
Eligibility and cost
This program is part of eligible members’ medical benefit plans and is provided at no additional cost. Humana identifies eligible members and contacts them by telephone to offer them the opportunity to participate in Humana Achieve.
The following members may be eligible for Humana Achieve:
- Medicare members.
- Commercial health maintenance organization (HMO) members.
- Commercial preferred provider organization (PPO) members.
- Members of administrative services only groups that have purchased this benefit.
This program is not available to Puerto Rico members, Florida Medicare HMO and PPO members or Nevada Medicare HMO members.
For more details about Humana Achieve, call 1-866-952-6028 and select the option for behavioral health referrals. This line is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. CST.